Wednesday, January 15, 2014

yellow

Yellow is a very favorable vibration for any mental or intellectual activity, as it promotes a clear state of mind.  Yellow heightens your state of mind and alleviates depression, sadness or any kind of despondency.  Yellow vibration foods are pineapples, bananas, grapefruit, lemons and corn. -Tae Yun Kim


Yellow is the color of happiness, not the wild blissfulness of orange, but the happiness that is  associated with the way we feel on a warm sunny day. -Diantha Harris


Well, whether these be yellow or orange, they make me happy and in fact I would sincerely like to make nothing else but these, day in and day out, on and on, until there existed thousands of these in every variation that chance can give them….


…and only then, after countless numbers of these could be laid before me would I choose among them my favorites…and I would not be surprised to find that these would be among the ones I pick.


You have only to simply watch them rain down, to lay themselves before you and to gaze at them all, over and over.  That would be the life.  Oh yeah, I was watching this film called painters painting, and listening to it I noticed that all of the new painters -Robert Rauchenberg, Jasper Johns, Olitski, Stella, all of them are listening to the Beatles, Abbey Road and Magical Mystery Tour…hmm, maybe not Stella...


I, unfortunately, don't listen to music much.  And its not that I don't enjoy it.  No I do.  But I can't think or something, no maybe I can't stop thinking when I listen to it.  I want to write a song when I hear another one going.


So when I paint it is quiet.  I want these sweet colors to emerge and float on the paper for a few moments until being absorbed and becoming part of the construction.


And then I can see if they want some collage for company.  I gotta go through the mountains of paper I keep on the dining room table and tear them and look at them and arrange them to see if they work.  It can take days sometimes to find the right ones.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE these yellow paintings. they're like sunshine, on a cloudy day. i would hang a dozen of them on the wall. or more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you could fit a dozen of them. And the framing costs wow they are expensive…!

      Delete