Wednesday, January 8, 2014

kurt schwitters

In the war, things were in terrible turmoil.  What I had learned at the academy was of no use to me and the useful new ideas were still unready….Everything had broken down and new things had to be made of the fragments; and this is Merz.  It was like a revolution within me, not as it was, but as it should have been.  -Kurt Schwitters


I could not, in fact, see the reason why old tickets, driftwood, cloakroom tabs, wires, and parts of wheels, buttons and old rubbish found in attics and refuse dumps should not be a suitable material for painting as the paints made in factories. -Kurt Schwitters


This collection seems a sort of kabloomy, with all sorts of things stuffed in here.  Of course it probably isn't at all -just different colors.   That always freaks me out.


But they are all happy and comfortable together it seems to me after all.  Maybe they just seem too energetic maybe.  Maybe not.  Maybe I just need to rest a little.


…And soon, after I have rested, they will be happy and ready to be posted,  ready to face the world.


Quite naturally, I am of the deeply held conviction that it is quite nice, quite lovely, to be capable of enthusiasm. -Robert Walser


He gave such a vulnerable impression. He resembled the leaf that a little boy strikes down from its branch with a stick, because its singularity makes it conspicuous. -Robert Walser


Well that's enough for now.  Hold yourselves up now and smile.

2 comments:

  1. they are wild-animal-esque. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so index and detailyesque around these dumb computers…but Now I know how to get to be able to respond tp you…!
      Yes these are animalesque, like the wolf skin my father bought me when I was young; I loved it and worried about it, and thought how will my mother get rid of it? Ah, she threw it out when we moved.

      Delete