Monday, January 6, 2014

old work

Normally I like my collage work…but when I've been reading about Kurt Schwitters and Robert Motherwell  they seem to look empty.  


Those guys seem to fill 'em up and put in everything everywhere.  They are so beautiful. Well this is what I came up with so here it is...


But I am sure they went through this same thing; a time when almost anything is too much.  You just want them to exist happily on their own.  They said here I am, and I said well there you are.


And it even happened with paint.  There it is and here am I.  We all just floated along for a time happy in our existence.


And even with collage and paint.  We are calm, self-sufficient, and radiate our new existence.


I wondered then, I think because of some photographs I came across of a photograph exhibit.  They were showing the backside of these photographs.  And I wondered about the backside of my paintings.


They seem to me to contain the elegance and dustiness of an abandoned Paris apartment.  They show the work of times past.

No comments:

Post a Comment