Friday, January 3, 2014

now here we are you and I once again

So I was given a new book for Christmas, Robert Motherwell New Collages, with some great essays.  I am always particularly happy when they talk about technique.


Even in the case of Motherwell who was always so honest and exacting in describing his techniques and materials it is fun to see pictures of them, to hear them so carefully described and analyzed.


Of course he loved paint.  And he applied it with such love that somehow it has passed to us in turn.


And now I find that Christopher Wool is coming in early February for a show.  He too seems to work with a care and generosity.  Ninety pieces.  Thank god we will have something to look at.


I like this one.  It almost feels like they've been hiding for the last year, I haven't seen these since last March.



Well here they are.  Come on out boys and show yourselves.  Come on now nothing to be afraid of.



2 comments:

  1. these are wonderful doug. when are we going to compile your essays and images for your coffee table book???? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good idea. I wonder how we do that? I mean we make a book…but how do we put it together…hmmm.?

      Delete