Thursday, January 2, 2014

a new year

Well I got back all the photos we took earlier so here's some older stuff for the newer year.


I was makin' a lot of bigger things then, well 22 X 30 mostly,  and looking' back, I like em….


Many of these meant a great deal to me then, and others touch me more now.


It's funny how things change over time, as if time were a long lasting warm fire, a place where we reside and read long books over and over.


Actually it is more like a fire we are burning in, in agony and helplessly trying to escape from.  And in seconds each of us is burned to the ground, no memory of us is ever left, and none of us has any memory of existence.



Yet, now as the New Year leaps to the gate, these pieces offer me a semblance of peace, of repose, a memory of consideration.


Some actually make me think of some other time, back when, well before I was born to temporary consciousness, Robert Motherwell made his early collages,  and his keen intellect and respect brought us a renewed era of creativity.




2 comments:

  1. OK, this settles it, we have to send you Colorado for a week of cannabis therapy before we let you at the paint and paper again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh these are from last year or the year before that…nice huh?

      Delete