Tuesday, January 28, 2014

McCabe Ash

Well this first one has this beautiful bicycle that McCabe made and gave me...!  He insisted that that put it in one of my paintings.  Finally -four years later -I got it in.  I love all his work, I love the man, and I miss him and his children.


If you are ever in Ann Arbor, go see him on Main Street, because he is the best framer I know of...


 ahh, this is an eclectic collection.  Or it seems to me to be. Though I'm sure after I look at it a bit, it will seem anything but eclectic.  Some harmonious whole. -if I'm lucky.


there's a quote from jack Kerouac something like -"any erasure is a sin" meaning get it all down confess everything but never take something out.


I guess we are moving into red and orange now -it gets very intense in here.


and it feels good to get some relief some kind of release from it.


before diving back in swimming in it.


and finally getting out for good...


finding some smaller more relaxed format.


That allows us time to sharpen our knife

No comments:

Post a Comment