Saturday, January 11, 2014

Renoir

Anybody, providing he knows how to be amusing, has the right to talk about himself. -Charles Baudelaire


As a small child I felt in my heart two contradictory feelings, the horror of life and the ecstasy of life.
-Charles Baudelaire


One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple. -Jack Kerouac


This time of year is always difficult.  Christmas is over and the new year has already begun.  So what do we do now?


Here we sit and make art, think about art, and read about it.  And I sit here and think, wow what if I could suddenly find out I make great art, i.e., you know art that people like 100 years from now, and then I wonder, how could I know that?  Can anyone know that?  Did some people know that?


They tell you that a tree is only a combination of chemical elements.  I prefer to believe that God created it and that it is inhabited by a Nymph.  -Pierre August Renoir

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doug, love the collage format, and I want some metallic colored pencils, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny, I was just reading about Paul Klee, and the author remarks that it is hard for us to accept him because of the small size paintings he liked to make and because of his poetry and biographical details…of course the same can be said of Kurt Schwitters, huh and even me…Yea we love them pencils here.

      Delete