Sunday, January 5, 2014

a blind man


Painting is a blind man's profession.  He paints not what he sees but what he feels, what he has told himself about what he has seen. -Pablo Picasso



These were all usually fun to do, but it could get confusing sometimes, but it would always, by definition, come out alright.  But I remember all of these, each one an intimate discussion with a piece of paper, paints and inks and occasionally collage bits.


I should draw a little guy standing here, looking' at this painting, that way you'd get a feeling for the size of it.  Not that it is so big; its not, just bigger than I usually do.


Painting is a faith, and it imposes the duty to disregard public opinion. -Van Gogh


There was a bit of violence to these, I guess cause I had very little idea what I was doing, even though I kept doing it over and over.  If you klik on one of these it gets bigger and I think you can see some neat detail if you're into it...

2 comments:

  1. these are great and i especially love 3 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well both 3 and 4 are too disturbing for me…isn't that funny?

      Delete