Wednesday, February 19, 2014

today is bright and sunny

Today it is bright and sunny.  We haven't seen many days like this for a long time.  It makes me feel useful,  though really nothing has changed at all.


It's not that the meaning cannot be explained.  Its that their are certain meanings that are lost forever the minute they are explained in words. _Haruki Murakami


What we call the present in an accumulation of the past. -Haruki Murakami


Occasionally a painting follows the one before it and it makes sense somehow.  Then I feel, ah yes I am working on that.  I am an educated and informed painter.


But often, in fact all to often,  the next painting has nothing to do with the previous one...and I am left thinking I have no direction, I don't know what I am doing...why am I doing this?


But once in a while I look at them and I think...well these are all exactly the same, no more and no less...


...and I wonder, why am I doing this, what am I doing...what is going on?...I demand an answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment