Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sometimes you know

Sometimes you know but most of the time you know nothing.  Most of the time I go by the rule just turn them out.  Don't think about them.  Don't wonder about them. And don't ask about them.


Occasionally somebody will like one.  And that's good enough for me.


The main goal is to keep the blog somewhat consistent.  That way I know I'm painting.  I'm doing the work.  The work is getting done.


Lovers of painting and lovers of music are people who openly display their preference like a delectable ailment that isolates them and makes them proud. -Maurice Blanchot


Art must remain ernest...Art must be serious. No sarcasm no comedy.  One does not laugh at a loved one.  -Ashile Gorky


We can not express the light in nature because we have not the sun.  We can only express the light we have in ourselves. -Arthur Dove


I like the way things go on and on.  A painting is never finished.  We just walk away for a bit and work on another.  It is the only way to keep from ruining them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doug, this is another fabulous batch! What do you mean your'e bowing out? I wasn't sure if this means you are going to art with bows (and ribbons?) or what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we used to say that in Virginia when we were leaving, or simply leaving an ongoing conversation....

    ReplyDelete