Saturday, February 15, 2014

leftovers

These are the final pieces of this stuff, the remnants of the stacks and stacks of paper and junk that I thought could be in the end the only stuff left -almost -that I could use.


And I will contemplate the rest and begin -well maybe -to keep and collect against.  I threw a few out too. Not many.  But enough for now.


And these. This! Is hardly about anything except well these are what was finally sitting there and I could sort of arrange it.


I suppose this must happen to a lot of artists.  I remember in that book about Miro he was sitting there and was asked, well what is next?  And he responded I don't know.  Will there be anything or not?


For me an object is something living. This cigarette or that box of matches contains a secret life which is much more intense than that of certain human beings. -Joan Miro

No comments:

Post a Comment