Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Collage for a minute

I gotta say I like this one only because I imagine the last MBA candidate  in the States desultorily working on a project to see what exactly is written on this old paper and trying desperately to get someone to like this stuff.  And what is on the back of that black piece?   


You need to understand that I like this guy (or gal).  I see him as me.  Hopelessly unadept, educated in the only field officially trashed by a president.  -and I don't think the president was wrong.  It is me and those that follow the same track as I do.  We are in a field that is not going not moving not on track not anything.  


But I like the pictures. and that's it I guess.  And in this far blue bubble future, my friend as I call him is simply studying an artist he discovered in some dust bin behind an apartment building.  He has only scraps but that is enough for him to imagine the entire scope of the artist's work.


But no one cares. Period.  So he goes into his own imagination, and that is how we meet.  In some stupid artists recovery program in the world of imagination which by that time will be practically illegal.  Even though it doesn't really exist.  It is the extinction of the imagination.  It is a future. 


Things like this which interest maybe three or four people now will be of no interest to anyone in this future.  I can see it coming.  Can't you?


Do you ever wonder which of these I worked on, thought about, constructed, looked at a choose carefully balanced pieces of paper that have good images on the reverse side so as they age and those sides become the image, they will be more interesting?


I'm not sure of any of them.  Sort of like I don't believe yet in their loyalty.  Are they images that speak to me? Yes. Many of them.  But what language do they use? And what is this conversation?  What is a truth we hope to sneak up on?  A truth to catch napping so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment