Thursday, October 23, 2014

round painting

Days begin and end in the dead of night.  They are not shaped long, in the manner of things which lead to ends -arrow, road, man's life on earth.  They are shaped round, in the manner of things eternal and stable -sun, world, God. -Jean Giono


Civilization tries to persuade us we are going towards something, a distant goal.  We have forgotten that our only goal is to live, to live each and every day, and that if we live each and every day, our true goal is achieved.  -Giono


I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. -JB Priestley


I tell you, take me back three or four months...then I can find paintings that knock my socks off...I look at them and think, man if I could paint like that I would paint every day...


No comments:

Post a Comment