Tuesday, October 28, 2014

James Franco

Now there is no reason to talk about an actor especially here...He never talks about art as far as I know.  But he does talk about books and even publishes lists of his favorites from different times...I used to do that back when I was in school.  He says he reads a lot but I grew up out there and I understood that actors mostly all read a lot then.  Maybe they don't now.


Well I'm not gonna criticize his lists.  If I were gonna do that I would do it somewhere where he can't find it, a website or blog nobody goes to...anyway it is only a slight criticism anyhow...I mean who cares, right?  I know nothing about this guy except I liked the Wizard of Oz movie he was in...he's a good actor I think...more interesting to me was The Orchard Keeper movie he made which was really excellent...


But he made those lists and for some reason, some internet magic or something, they got to me and I read them...and I found them disappointing, sort of like some college list...and well I guess they were...I was glad to see they even taught English in college, at least somewhere thank god...I hope he gets a chance to read Moby Dick out loud to someone cause I think it will move up in his rankings when he does...and I'd guess Cormac is up in his list of contemporary writers...I'd like to see that list. That would be more fun.  My nephew was doing that out in Berkeley for awhile...I liked it.


I made a list once, my wife and I both made one of our top ten books, except mine was a list of eighty books cause I couldn't narrow it down...speaking of which I wish James Franco or somebody would make films of Amos Tutuola's books...naw I don't really care.  I prefer just reading the books over and over...but what about Norman Lewis?  That would be great.  They used to make books of Geoffrey Household.  They should do more of those.  And Aldous Huxley...the early stuff, the British books...actually maybe they have...I've been reading somewhere about some Stanislaw Lem movies...!  They could be really fun...we'll see.


I'd like to try to make a top ten list of books...Yea I should do that.  Maybe I could get it for next time though really I should just do it now.  Of course I'll completely forget the main people I'd want to include...Joseph Delteil (and they made a movie of one of his great books), Blaise Cendrars (what a great trilogy that would be Planus!) Henry Miller (have another go at it you guys) Kathy Acker (have they done anything at all?) ....and I don't really follow movies much anymore (they follow us it seems to me.)  Hey did anybody see that latest Polanski movie?  What a trip...!  Ouch...! Louis Celine, I completely forgot him...!  How is that possible?  

No comments:

Post a Comment