Friday, October 31, 2014

a plaything of memory

I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams...man...is above all the plaything of his memory. -Andre Breton


It is odd sometimes as I stumble through a new set of paintings...I sometimes feel as if they are gently speaking to me, barely a whisper,  and I can almost hear what they say, but not quite...


...maybe I don't listen quite carefully enough.  I am sure there is something bright-eyed happening here something I can not quite grasp.  So I continue...


Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night. -Edgar Allan Poe


All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. -Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment