Thursday, October 2, 2014

dormiveglia

Now you know I've never written a word on these posts before without having first posted the pictures I want to show.  And I mention it because I just realized it myself.  It's like I can't think of what to say without having some visual trigger.


Now there was one post when I used something I had written years and years ago.  But I had thought about that piece for a long time before suddenly it seemed the right time to use it.  So I think it's fair to say I simply don't know how to think or express in words without finding some visual expression of it first.


Now that I've said that I will tell you that though I already know which pictures will be posted here, I am writing all this without the pictures, just this digital ink on ugly ugly ugly death white nothingness.  As I look at it, it all adds up to nothing, just sheer stupidity on nothing, going nowhere for no one.


And it has such a pure stamp of temporary existence, all of this ready to fade out forever, until it is thought of once again by someone who has a sharper linguistic temperament and a much greater passion for saying the exact right thing.  He will need no pictures, as his writing, done on paper, will command out attention a spell out our dreams and nightmares, wake us from this sleep,  help us to see inside ourselves.


I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think,  I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.  -Franz Kafka

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doug, I really like the splotchy writing ink pen effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, you know though that it is the coffee stain I put on in your honor.

      Delete