Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christopher Marvin

I know of no other Christianity and of no other Gospel than the liberty both of body and mind to exercise the Divine Arts of Imagination. -William Blake



…I mean does it ever feel like you're being continually indexed, syntaxed, unquoted…some mad indexy universe with mad rules everywhere, that everyone understands except you, rules that change everyday and are transferred instantly, simultaneously to the universe except not to you?


…how when you are young you can see that adults "don't get it"….and as you get a little bit older it is obviously the "old people who don't get it"  because they are "out of touch".


…and as you get olde like an antique you feel, "you realize" there is no "it" to get…there is only kindness and blah blah…? …and at the end there is only the end…and at that moment all your thoughts will disappear and the only way you will be remembered is through some stupid grandson who goes around "quoting" you with mind mass composite hardened turds of thought?...


…probably each of us must write and paint and express only to desperately wish to leave some crumb of ourselves here…but it is impossible…can't be done…

Ah Chris I will miss you…you were my friend for a short time when we both lived in Rustic Canyon and we walked through the woods…you taught me to recognize poison oak…and of course, how to smoke…
And I remember your father the first and only adult to meet me a who demonstrated such curtesy and showed such great respect...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Doug I'm soaking it all in here but I don't know who Christopher is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christopher was my friend in LA…he had a lovely family there in Rustic Canyon.

      Delete
  2. doug, i'm now all caught up and hope i don't get behind again like this. this was a great post but sometimes i worry about you boy. i love all your art and i love you so much. i miss you like mad too and cannot wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet…! and you've got great energy too…! Don't worry about me really. I've got some really depressing stuff I'm writing for a later post. It's all funny I hope.

    ReplyDelete