Saturday, November 16, 2013

cat eyes

I'm sure I used these in my blog early in the year.  But the last few days I have struggled with them trying to create a folder the way they say I outta…and I have learned to relike them somehow…maybe there is some recognition or some looking at them later on…I really don't know for sure…maybe its just this wrestling with them…I still can't do what I'm trying to...
..

Each one of us, in his timidity, has a limit beyond which he is outraged.  It is inevitable that he who by concentrated application has extended this limit for himself, shall have aroused the resentment of those who have accepted conventions which accepted by all, require no initiative of application.  And this criticism generally takes the form of meaningless laughter or criticism. -Man Ray


My daughter, when she was about seven years old, asked me what I do at work.  I replied I work at the college and that my job is I teach people to draw -she stared back at me incredulous.  "You mean they forget?"-Howard Ikemoto


I was remembering today a friend I first met when we were all out camping.  He had what seemed to me to be beautiful yet strange eyes, though it was hard to tell because he was squinting always...


Yet when it was night pitch black no stars no moon…in fact sort of scary I thought…he came and woke several of us up and said lets go for a walk…we sorta said uh what? …but we did…and he ran ahead a little and took us out on the perimeter of the mountain which was lined in huge rocks.


I was right behind him I thought though I couldn't see him…and he said jump over here, there is a space between the rocks and there is a copperhead resting here.  And like the young fool I was I trusted him in fact trusted him completely and I jumped.   I was always proud of my jumping abilities...


…And he said great as I landed beside him.  We got the others across and we ran on though we stayed close together as there was a precipitous drop there.  But of course we couldn't see it…but he could.


He said he had cat vision as he called it. And I believed him though I have never met anyone with it again in my life. He took care of us that night and we got back shortly.


That night running along the boulders feeling but not seeing the emptiness was for me one of the most wondrous experiences of my life.  And I never saw him again.

3 comments:

  1. All good! Number 5 establishes you as the Damien Hurst of phone books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again. Yea I guess it does. I like all of these...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all, Doug. Especially YOU.

    ReplyDelete