Saturday, November 2, 2013

good by sweet October

October is always a good month for painting though I don't know exactly why I think that…it must be the changing weather…the cold the leaves changing colors and falling from the trees…the strange promise of a cold winter of coming ice and curious writings in the ice and snow...


…certainly the autumn is the most glorious time…it always seems pressured and stingingly full…I am surprised not to see strange miniature creatures everywhere I look…elves and dwarves...


What will be already is here and during the winter its roots grow and grow…until the spring when it jumps out in glorious pink and says I am here and this I am…


…hello wet cold rain and thousands of slimy leaves coating the walkways and grass…hostas a burnished yellow and paperbark maples a sublime rust...


pumpkins give up their insides for warm sweet pie and apples crushed for all the wonderful cider...

3 comments:

  1. a lovely batch and the words are like a poem. i love fall. i miss the crisp and definite weather change but i still love it even out here.

    ReplyDelete