Friday, July 12, 2013

Skeuomorph

As an albatross is both burden and good luck and seems to easily represent one or the other so do my paintings to me.  They all seem to have a sort of neotenicity that quality of being frozen in the teenage development stage and unable to grow out of it...they sometimes irritate me though I do love them.


ahh why can't they grow to represent something that all great art does  -the truth that comes from completely and honestly representing the artist himself and showing his vision in its strictest form.


When I think of this vision I think of complete accident no explanation no form recognizable no materials which act as a skeuomorph to an earlier form no effort except -simple anxiety self consciousness embarrassment those terrible qualities of adolescence that have no traction 


Perhaps, contrary to Plato's allegory of the cave, we sometimes only see the real once we have seen its shadow in art.  -Casper Henderson


The true measure of a mountain's greatness is not its height but whether it is charming enough to attract dragons  -Chinese poem


Ah ! well-a-day !  What evil looks
Had I from old and young !
Instead of the cross, the Albatross
About my neck was hung.  -S
amuel Coleridge

No comments:

Post a Comment