Monday, July 15, 2013

now what was I thinking

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story -Irish saying


Now the truth is about half the time I put up a new painting I secretly cringe.  I want it to be better somehow.  And I'll stare at it and try to figure it out -which I never can.  And that's how I can keep putting up new ones.  They are all just what they seem to be I guess.


And I don't know what that is.  And that's how I keep painting.  And painting almost always makes me happy.


You know the odd thing in my ocean of memories is that I usually can only remember a few incidents at a time, like one or two,  but at the risk of sounding maudlin, I know that there are people who have made an indelible impression on me who touch my very soul and those people I cannot always remember.  Even the geography is lost.  And yet I keep trying to recall.


And I think that in some way I am making paintings that will help me to recall those moments of change when someone I've seen or talked to has given me something that cannot be lost.

2 comments:

  1. Do they make you remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know for sure...it is weird because most people who I wish to have responses from email me and say, I can't figure it out. Then they respond to something but I don't know what it is.

      Delete