Sunday, July 28, 2013

changed guitar strings today

I changed my son's guitar strings today.  And they sound a bunch better too.


They came back from camping.  New kind of butter up there.  I'm almost out of paper.


I'm gonna put the nickel strings on the electric.  They'll sound like my dad's old strings.


And I changed the light bulbs in the basement finally.  And found some decent no. 2's at Target.  They use rubber and cedar...!


Got some new cards.  The old ones went camping.


You can't take my youngest to the movies without milk duds...


We also got some double A's so he can keep making movies with his camera...


And last, not least we went to that store and bought all sorts of "strange" candy for him to try.  That was a bunch of fun...!


I know now that there is no one thing that is true.   It is all true.  -Ernest Hemingway

6 comments:

  1. Great to see the collage-documentation of our lives. :) Glad the guitar strings got changed. Can't wait to hear the nickel ones to come. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn. Now you've reminded me of all the guitar tapes around and how I've wanted to publish all this stuff....not that its any good. It just IS and so I wanted to work with it.

      Delete
  2. This is so cute and so clever of you to have thought of making this collage. If you love playing your guitar it is best to always have an extra string, so whenever you need one you always have it on hand. -www.rockstarmusicstore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. So I keep a case of them on the shelf. And I found some great oddballs laying around, Old nickel smooth rounds my dad used to put on his old telecaster...

      Delete
  3. You are chronicling here! is that spelled right? looks wrong.
    guitar- very important.
    milk duds - very important.
    the significant things in your life floating on paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know when I was young I always spelled color as couler...but I was told that is incorrect. Ever since then I keep spelling it wrong at least whenever my mind gives me the chance to do it.

      But misspelling is my middle name. I'm worse than Hemingway.

      Delete