Saturday, July 20, 2013

messy messy

really I gotta get caught up...I like this first one...I think it makes me happy for some reason...it seems interesting to me what with its contrasts and strong image...or so it appears when I see it.


Now what you see is different of that I am sure...your favorites...if indeed you may be said to have any...why they are all different...different shapes...composition...color...you know all that stuff.


And of course I'm not sure I think about that stuff....composition takes care of itself ...and colors, I don't know  I just want Indian Yellow...I'm out of it right now.


Yet it might be that certain colors demand certain treatment...like blue...now that is difficult for me...actually I don't like it with other colors...and I don't really like most of the blues...I like ocean blue that's pretty...though I never see it in the lake ever...that lake goes from brown to cement.


Now don't think I don't use blue...I do...just not right now.  I'll get to it soon.


And speaking of blue...what's happened to black?...well I have it in every one of these pieces above...of course that second one it's got smoke in it too...


Now this last one is my favorite...it just has one color...well sort of...if I were a real painter...you know dead that is...and always thinking about something, uhh serious...why I'd be happy to be Mark Rothko...though I suppose one can't do that anyway.  You can't say when I'm dead I'll be Mark Rothko...there's no room there....maybe I could just sit in the corner and watch...no that won't work either.

So that's the problem as you can see...I can only be me.  And even if none of these paintings has an iota of merit as they call it I think...they are all I got.  These images somehow keep calling me....coffee filters and all...

2 comments:

  1. 3rd one up became a conversation between two figures/animals/monsters, total accident am sure?
    yes 1st one and last have a beauty/optimism in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that accident is so common all my life that I don't know what to call it. I used to rework every painting to hide that thing. No more. Let them talk all they want.

      Thanks by the way. The first was accidental and the last too. I love them.

      Delete