Saturday, July 20, 2013

peace had its chance

I really ought to learn to put these paintings up without having to say anything.  It would be so much easier...then you could come, look at them...then move on without me having to think of anything...what's to say...I can't explain...explicate...analyze...and let's face it...you never have a word to say...I don't really get many comments anyway.


now I'm not saying you're required to make comments....not at all...these little fellows stand proud...they say -good morning...how are you....then they snuggle up in a box with glassine between them and sleep...


they hold conversations and tell stories...good conversation used to be required...this fellow above was talking about his construction.  You know I didn't realize it at the time I came together but I am quite about pencils don't cha know?....not just that photograph...but the pencil box...and the chapter on addition...and even the light bulbs...and the get real quote...you know pencil work, especially addition, why that was the "real stuff" when my creator was young.


though I admit it didn't seem to impress him...though maybe it did after all...he just didn't like it I guess...I can remember...long ago...he always wished to make a large chart on some piece of "chart paper" a graph...with lines and arrows and tons of pencil equations...it would look you know like he knew something...but before he could get to it why they stopped making that cool graph paper...very sad.


I was just wondering....do you know if they still make that large blue architect paper?  It would be fun to make a large Robert Rauschenberg like he made...do you remember it...he lay on the paper in the sun and made a profile of himself...it was very beautiful.




2 comments:

  1. 2nd one down, "get real"...
    is applying to what you wrote here, you know?

    2nd one up you came back to - the sky is clearing. clouds moving.

    ReplyDelete