Thursday, July 4, 2013

inside out

Do you not ever just feel like turning things inside out.  I sure do though I'm not sure how to do that with paintings.  But it's fun to try anyway.  I'm sure some of you know how to tear them up after they are done but I don't quite get that.  What's the point I guess.


I was never sure but I did have an artist over and she would draw totally automatically when she got some pencils in her hand beautiful drawings I thought.  And then when she was done she cut them up into little pieces and leave them on the table.


So I looked at them then I used them in some of my collage work.  Just scraps ready to throw out.  Huh.  Well I had use for them and I thanked her too.


I'm always happy when I find a scrap of a Chilpolte wrapper or at least once finding a piece of a dollar bill on the ground outside of a Best Buy some return mail stickers that sort of thing.


But the main obsession recently has been finding paints that should but don't blend.  Then I am happy for some reason.


And I like finding small scraps out of the free magazines that dot the city.  Not too many they are hard to find.  It just seems like images are nowhere.  Now that must sound idiotic.  Why the web is full of images...!  But they are not good images.  And they are not authentic they are copies of images with no heft of their own.

It is better to use coffee filters and envelopes and pieces from a butter carton.  They have heft malleable tangible weight and real though instantly obsolete function.




And of course there is corporate graffiti.  They put hundreds of these stickers everywhere on small metal sticks they spray paint on the sidewalk and even on the grass and the plants.  Just madness.

You know about five years ago when my youngest was five years old he had a perfect spiral belly button.  I thought he would be a rock star for sure.  People would get operations to imitate his illustrious 
belly button.  It would be the album cover...









4 comments:

  1. Have you thought of turning a painting inside out...what would that involve with your paintings. Maybe peeling parts off, if possible? I had a teacher once who told us always turn our paintings upside-down for awhile, It was a way to get out of a rut. And he said that if the painting was "no good" in our eyes upside-down , then it really is not good at all.
    Now why on earth would a girl cut up little pieces of doodling that she did...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there is 2 of me following your blog. How on earth do I get rid of the first one? Seen my photos recently? Many of two of me...http://www.flickr.com/photos/93809663@N08/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try right now to go look on flickr. I wish there were two. No twenty of me. I would slay out in a long undulating undaunted undying vast laziness. And make the other nineteen work their asses off...

      By the way I saw Miro in a film about him turn a painting upside down. And then. Sign it. How cool is that?

      Delete
  3. No I love having two of you...for you are my kind of follower...!

    ReplyDelete