Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Uninspired

Occasionally I can look at some of these after they are finished, and I go Ah, uninspired.  The reason it occurs I think is that I'm tired and wound up at the same time.  And I'm hoping the paintings will save me somehow.  But sometimes they don't.


This happens especially when I have been in a mood of thinking I don't care for composition, I don't care about color, I don't care about movement, I don't need or want any of this.


And so I just slap the stuff down and don't think about it. At all. And I go, that's enough, finished, let's go, photograph them, move out,  okay what's next, and stuff like that.  And yeah, they seem a little weird or not finished, uh, or unfinished.


Of course there are no words to describe them, partly because they sit there and go, oh shut up.  We don't want any of your bullshit.  We are what we are, get over it,  dude.


Maybe they just seem a bit flaccid, not worked out, or not finished working out.  But they are looking at me and being very insulting.


It is almost as if I had a thought.  But I didn't want to follow that thought.  Or I changed thoughts in the middle of it.  Actually, I think they are like a very short story.  They each have only one sentence. Or maybe only one word.  Well I'm not giving them another thought. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment