Tuesday, June 10, 2014

contra naturum

There are some you do that look like nature, or some version of nature anyway and I love those.


I don't ever know where they come from, because honestly, whatever I do, it is not "I" who does them but some other who channels through me.  She tells me what to do and I do it I guess.


This is not uncommon but probably what happens to everyone who paints often.  That is of course the one requirement she has; to keep working to produce these pieces without wonder, without even joy, but in some concentration, like a child working on his piece, who when he gets done, comes out of it and tosses his drawing aside, or maybe shows it to his parents, who concentrate their brows and try to understand it, or often, make an undue bru hah hah and get all "happy" at the child's work.


But since I am neither the chid nor the adult, I simply go "look what he made" and move on, knowing that I cannot accept any credit nor blame for what has happened.  Just like you I may search it and name it, "huh, looks like a broken leaf" but I usually stay away from any of that sort of thing, primarily cause I don't know what anything is, what anything means, where anything goes to nor from whence it came.


Like anyone I could use them to show off my learning (which is a joke since I know really nothin bout nothin) and I could say, ostentatiously, "well from the brief two minutes he went into a kind a Jules Olitski moment..."  blah blah blah, but that is only an academic wiping his waste on a wall to clear it from their head.  And I am, admittedly, far away from any academia.

Instead, I will bow my head, and go make some more.  It is my instructions, the command of the other.  There is no good, there is no bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment