Friday, October 18, 2013

what were we saying?

The important thing is to remember what most impressed you and to get it on canvas as fast as possible. -Pierre Bonnard


Much of what I do has that very quality to it.  I find it almost essential to the conception of each piece, the fundament of its creation and development.


Of course we don't wanna fly off the handle.  Get to far into that purple prose an you'll think you are writtin' poetry.  But you got to admit you are doing something.  Something that in each and every turn is beyond you.


I mean its not the work that is tough no it is the concept the image or maybe it is the diaphanous idea that simply cannot be quite understood can't quite find a landing spot.


Well whatever that means...I can't really go there or it begins to feel like I'm writing for some arts magazine.  Yet I do want to express what I'm trying to reach, what I'm attempting to prove point by point painting by painting.  And maybe it is best to let the paintings do that.


All profound distraction opens certain doors.  You have to allow yourself to be distracted when you are unable to concentrate.  -Julio Cortazar







4 comments:

  1. This is a nice batch! How many days of work is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Doug! To get people to comment you have to keep the ball rolling and paintings flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum. This was a funny batch...it took me four days to finish them for some reason...they were difficult and I don't know why...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, i especially love the top one and the bottom one. but i love it all really.

    ReplyDelete