Tuesday, October 22, 2013

halloween 2013

well it is getting close and closer.  That is the day of halloween that hallowed day that marks the beginning of the entire season which always feels to me like an explosion at the end of a movie.

It was though...when I was young...a long entire season...and Halloween never smooshed into Christmas nor even into Thanksgiving.

It was its own time.  It happened early in the mid autumn.  Where I grew up there may have been a slight weather change if anything.


But this vivid acrylic red suddenly stands out as a Halloween color...and it gains some intimacy which he really doesn't have.

Beak and claw, remorse reminder
Slide and tumble, slide and stumble
Back and forth and back to nothing
Keep them tidy, keep them humble -Eno


Chop and change to cut the corners
Sharp as razors, shiny razors
Stranded on a world that's dying 
Never moving, hardly trying.


It is odd how every thing alters to fit some preconception some fomented time or strange icon.  I don't really like that feeling at all.


Maybe that is why I like brown.  The mother color. the original color.


I enjoy the peace it gives me the smoth gradations a sort of mystical harmony I feel with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment