Monday, October 14, 2013

painting what is there

I'm a painter and my whole balance is not having to think about things.  So all I think about is painting. It's the instinct for the the placement where all that happens.  I don't have to think about it...so I don't think about composition...I don't think of color here and there...All I can think of is the rush. -cy twombley

All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name. -Andre Breton


I was just a broken head...I stole the world that others punctured...Now I stumble through the garbage...Slide and tumble...Slide and stumble -Brian Eno



get rid of meaning.
your mind is a nightmare
that has been eating you:
now eat your mind. -kathy acker


It's not uncommon for artists to fall short of their own expectations, only for the public to find delight in the charged gap between  the aspiration and the goal.


5 comments:

  1. Any progress finding your 'lost' paintings? Or is it time for Phase 2 'Recovery'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug, I would say just take the link and insert in your comments below the painting. I'm gonna use another very soon!

    ReplyDelete