Saturday, April 26, 2014

lethologica

Really, you can't blame me, it's just what the painting did, the paints themselves.  I always try just to do exactly what I did yesterday.  I don't try to use new and bold colors, I don't try to use colors at all.
I don't try to use imaginative canvases in oddball shapes or even canvas itself.


Really I just try to do the same thing every day.  I am trying only to think of something but the word for it escapes me.  The entire everything escapes me.


Except I like movement.  And I like going there after a time and seeing what was made that day.  Yes I try to use a process that is out of my control beyond my ken.  I try not to read music, I don't really like notes and in particular I don't like the sound of picks against the string.


I am usually only happy when the painting looks like I went to painting land and ripped out a hunk of it and returned with the bloody hunk and it dried itself to death almost as soon as it got here.  It ends up looking like a leaf or maybe fresh concrete.


 And occasionally like a strange plastic pig or a man with a an attitude and a cigarette or maybe his worried daughter with ridiculous hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment