Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April flowers and Love Letters to God



That is the title of a book on her art work the my friend Justine wants to use.  Perfectly out-of-sync with any current suppositions on art...especially on some supposed linearity.  Her work by the way is beautiful, large and marvelously deceptive.

I wish I had an example for you...I'm sorry I don't.  I just have this one of my own, that I don't know where to put.  Its large, at least in my opinion, but not nearly as large as her work.  Really it doesn't coordinate with anything.

I think I will simply bury it in the bottom of a large box and forget about it.  When you make a bunch of art, sometimes these things will happen.  They are strange ugly creations that just show up, ungainly, uninteresting,  simply ugly things that exist, at best.

2 comments: