Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tzara again

Art is a private thing, the artist makes it for himself.  A comprehensible work is the product of a journalist...we need works that are strong, straight precise...and forever beyond understanding. -Tristan Tzara


Perhaps I am doomed to retrace my steps under the illusion that I am exploring, doomed to try and learn what I should simply recognize, learning a mere fraction of what I have forgotten.  _Andre Breton


And it's odd how much I steal, primarily from myself, in order to try a produce a painting.  I am happy though when I find an artist who reminds me of myself...for then I go, ah I am on to something.


I feel like he is looking for the same thing I am looking for...like a lost memory or maybe a comprehension of an old old memory, an understanding of what this could mean.  There is a road there.  It leads to something I must understand, must learn to understand, to appreciate.


If I place love above everything, it is because for me it is the most desperate, the most despairing state of affairs imaginable. -Andre Breton


And now my little boy has become an unimaginably good guitar player and song writer...we are always busy now thinking up lyrics and polishing chord sequences.

2 comments:

  1. love love love the colors in these. and love seth and love you and all of you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete