Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's just a stone's throw

I'm intact and I don't give a damn.  -Arthur Rimbaud


It just seems that these are a mess.  It happens sometimes.  You can play a piece of music perfectly, you've played it all your life.  and then one day after a couple of years when you haven't played it, you scramble to try and remember it at all.


Things go gablooey.  The paint brushes are not the right size, the colors are too subtle, the concept disappears before you can get it down on paper.  Then why show them?


Well, why not.  There's always a chance they don't meet my expectations, but that they meet yours, and even if not, it's the last show this piece will ever have...


I've produced them so there. Maybe they will go straight to video, not even get a release notice.  Or they will be like all the crummy albums that marked the middle of his career, or all the terrible books he wrote after those three brilliant beginning novels.


Actually they will all look a bunch better when my friend gets here and photographs them.


Genius is the recovery of childhood at will. -Arthur Rimbaud

1 comment:

  1. I find them all beautiful. :) I know... Sentimental of me.

    ReplyDelete