Wednesday, December 4, 2013

brand new new junk

The vainglory of wishing to understand is dangerous, immoral, and above all old fashioned.  The modern way -perhaps the final way- is to say: Go forward -as quickly as possible, without knowing why, towards an unknown goal! -Remy de Gourmont



I like that quote.  It seems to fit me.  Moving forward only because it turns out that is the only way we move.  It is the only acceptable way.


The above is my conception of someone standing at a door -yet the door has no will to open and the person is too wet and too cold to move in the wind...


Yet somehow he has passed through the door, breaking it and himself.  And now he has a gun.


And he looks out the window at the rain, the wind, and the mud. And that's the way I often, almost always, see paintings, no matter how "abstract" the image I see a gesture, usually of sadness.

3 comments:

  1. A slow week for art it seems. Your color pallet is a bit sour this week. But yes we are moving forward, quickly, it's all that matters! Well, maybe not always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice dougie. i think you just described phase change. xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A slow week for blogging…I've been making palate paintings this week and trying to hang framed art on concrete…

    phase change…it sounds like the x files to me…I like that phrase

    ReplyDelete