Friday, August 30, 2013

ructions

Now they have torn out all the little sidewalks that go from the street to the house.  They are gone as is about half the street.  Gosh you sure kinda hope this is done right.  I know they did this in 2003 but the work and materials were so poor that they're doin it again.



Boards are erected along what used to be curbs.  And red string along that.  The giant wheeled trucks are going at it moving dirt from one place to another.  And I see heads poking out of holes like soldiers peering out of their trenches.



Really it is all a pain. the filth on the shrubs and trees on the windows and doors the sidewalks oozing in the house through to every corner each surface.  It is like tent living at a campsite.  Except without the fun the beautiful sites and excercise.  



It just doesn't seem to bode well.  I wouldn't be surprised to find them all gone one morning everything left as it is.  Filth dirt trash all still here.  It certainly has been an inspiration to the students.  They are leaving more and more trash in my garden.  Candy bar wrappers test results food bags straps and pieces of belts and strange small metal circular gears of some kind  announcements class schedules partial sheets of lined paper covered in script parts of every magazine known to man...




Although oddly it is all in English.  I hear every tongue on earth going down this street.  Urdu, Chinese, Japanese, Arabian,  four or five African languages like Yoruba Lithuanian every day Polish always Spanish French German Swedish Italian.  I feel like such an idiot.  I hold on to the parts of English I remember.  And I always wish I knew something anything.  Oh I've tried but I just can't learn it  nothin about nothin.




So shameful.  Such a flub. A worn out idiot. Well it is a ruckus out there now.  Some fast disintegration.

You know I never really expected anyone to read this blog.  Obviously.  I would try instead to be more intelligent more wise and introspective.  What I hoped for was that everyone would poor over these paintings, maybe ooh and aah or something more perceptive and insightful.  I thought I would be less lonely.  I even thought the guy who stole my paintings would have pity and return them.  After all he already has things with much higher value.  Just keep those and return the paintings.


6 comments:

  1. All of the Yellow and writing in these pieces reminds me of the old yellow cabs. Quotes from the book, Taxi Driver Wisdom.

    "When you think you have lost something, it is usually still with you"

    "The Vietnam war is finished, but sixth avenue construction is never finished"

    "New shoes always hurt"

    "It's always better to be behind a police car"

    AnoNymoUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now getting a completely different view of your experience w/ Armageddon. You told me you liked it! Well, I understand. It has fallen apart especially after lemonade stand is gone, complete with trap door.
    You know I love the last two, above. Light shining down on chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like those too. I tried to submit the last one to a show but it couldn't happen for some reason. I love the idea of light shining down on chaos.

      Delete
  3. i love these collages. they look a little like xrays to me.

    ReplyDelete