Tuesday, January 15, 2013

turn off your mind and float downstream



I know of course this is beginning to look like my book of friends, one of my favorite miller books, but I'll be done soon since I wish I had more but don't.  This here is Nick, and a better friend and more creative guy you will never find.

What a life ! I won't get into it, cause he doesn't want me to, but he can make anything, except books, he just wrecks those.

But my sitting room is stuffed with his amazing sculptures. In an already vanished world of another time, when he could haul into a hot old car junkyard and begin mining them for parts, gutting them hauling out black greasy pieces,  ripping engines apart searching for the spinning platinum in these abandoned machines.  And then he'd clean them up shine them and make beautiful statues of them.  There they stand surrounding my Ganesha.

And food! and coffee! Oh god, can he make coffee! He used to have a shop called the cafe chaos and he would make the best stuff in there.  Made with coffee and other stuff in it. damn it was good.  I saw Timothy Leary in there one day just dancing and singing.  What a place to hang out. As dr. Leary said, turn off your mind and float downstream.   Nick took down all the ceiling tiles and gave one to each kid who came in, asked the kid to paint something on it and return it.  The place was a madhouse of images!

And he got hold of my boring white sheets and duvet covers!  He and my niece and nephew turned them into, well look at the picture!

This guy is born fluency.  I wake up some mornings and think I can speak French and Spanish now, how great! but then I find my think method didn't last past my sleep.  But Nick is fluent in all things.  If you think you know a book he hasn't read well he has.  If you want to play sitar and guitar music, he's all over it. A living and breathing genius.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Smokies, he sounds like a cool guy, I hope I meet him someday!

    ReplyDelete