Monday, January 7, 2013

hi my friends


Sometimes when I'm looking at photographs of my books I just fall into a dream.  I can remember reading many of them, stumbling through some sputtering to a stop and then others I read through like I'm body surfing and they carry me to shore.  My favorites I think are the ones that are like images broken and shattered yet somehow creating a whole.  Certainly reading Giorgio de Chirico left me feeling that yet I couldn't remember the image and had to read it again.  The same was true for  Joseph Delteil.  What poetry.  No wonder the movie is so beautiful. And there they sit keeping each other warm while they stand shoulder to shoulder in stillness like trees.

Now look how Laura Kasischke has snuck in there.  What a brilliant book, what a frightening confession, if that is what it is.

And then on this next shelf we have Mohammed Mrabet's The Lemon. All his books are clever and funny.  These books are all so pretty to me such handsome young men and women. Wow, here is Louis Celine,  some of the most astounding books I have been privileged to read.  Wicked, holy and confessional.

Yet they are all gracious and humble and I am allowed to drop my guard to enjoy the light of their company no matter how gruesome and often so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment