Wednesday, December 3, 2014

the young painter

I know I've talked about this before but I am thinking about it again.  And maybe you weren't there then when I first discussed it.  The light was beautiful that day as it was everyday in Los Angeles in 1956.  I was inside my head that day -deep inside and happy and lonely and warm.  It was our first large painting day.  I was using a bunch of reds and yellows...but I decided to cover it all with blue, with every blue.  I found I could make up blues using little bits of other colors.  I felt I was in heaven, in fact I had a foot in heaven's door.  

After a while I noticed that almost everyone was gone.  I was alone with what I felt was a masterpiece in the making.  My happiness overflowed and seeped out of me onto the table, the floor, the walls of the schoolroom, to the face of the clock... I was possessed...there was more than a hint of madness flowing through me.


dye, acrylic, ink, watercolor  rives bfk 11X15


acrylic, ink, watercolor rives bfk 11X15


acrylic, dye, watercolor rive bfk 11X15

No comments:

Post a Comment