Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The angel is my watermark

The angel is there like a watermark a guarantee of your faultless vision. The angel has no goiter; it is the artist who has the goiter.  The angel is there to drop a sprig of parsley in your omelette, to put a shamrock in your buttonhole.  I could scrub the the mythology out of the horses mane; I could scrub the yellow out of the Yangtsze Kiang;  I could scrub the date out of the man in the gondola; I could scrub the clouds and the tissue paper in which were wrapped the bouquets with forked lightning...But the angel I can't scrub out.  The angel is my watermark.  -Henry Miller


acrylic, collage dye, nail polish on rives bfk 11x15


gouache, acrylic, dye on rives bfk 11x15


dye, ink, watercolor on rive bfk 15x22


dye, collage, watercolor, graphite, ink and gouache rives bfk 15x22

4 comments:

  1. Wow. The angel is definitely your watermark! What an uplifting selection of images. Very moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. yeah these are good...! thank god. everything else seems tired right now...

      Delete
  2. #2 is lovely! You can see and buy these and others like them at my new site 'www.piratewallpaper.com', kidding.

    ReplyDelete