Sunday, September 14, 2014

things change

We don't notice things change.  We know that things change, we've been told since childhood that things change, we've witnessed things change ourselves many a time, and yet we're still utterly incapable of noticing the moment that change comes  -or we search for change in all the wrong places.  -Arkady Struatsky


We are all naive materialists, I thought.  And we are all rationalists.  We demand an immediate rational explanation for everything, we want everything reduced to a handful of known facts. And not one of us has even an ounce of dialectics.  It never occurs to anybody that the known facts and some new phenomenon might be separated by an entire ocean of the unknown, so we declare the new phenomenon supernatural and, therefore, impossible. -A & B Strugatsky


Look into my soul, I know -everything you need is in there.  It has to be.  Because I've never sold my soul to anyone! It's mine, it's human!  Figure out yourself what I want -because I know it can't be bad! -Strugatsky


Mankind's most impressive achievement is that it has survived and intends to continue doing so. -Strugatsky

No comments:

Post a Comment