Wednesday, August 13, 2014

plurophile

I always thought this was charming but you tell me:  I've always thought of being in love as being willing to do anything for the other person -starve to buy them bread and not mind living in Siberia with them -and I've always thought that every minute away from them would be hell -so looking at it that way I guess I'm not in love with you.  Jacqueline Lee Bouvier


She apparently sent that to someone she knew in high school or college.  What does that have to do with art?  I'm not sure.  Maybe it has to do with pluriphility.  But what does that have to do with art?  


It seems apparent to me, at least in the market we have now, which is not a market at all really.  And I always go -ah okay who cares?  You just gotta keep working.  That's true of course. Though the sad thing is  that there is no one to share your art with, no one to discuss art with, the museums seem empty and the art scene seems hollow and trite.


Maybe I'm wrong, though I don't think so.  Oh well I'll just keep talking to you.  How are you?  Great. Know of any interesting art anywhere?  Oh that's to bad.  Well no, I can't say that I do.  I just keep making this deliberately clumsy work


Oh I don't have any idea.  I guess I think that it looks like me, like the things I've seen, the things I've done.  Really, I don't know any answers to those questions.  And I ask them, I do.  And no, I actually think they seem a little to complicated for my taste.

2 comments: