Sunday, August 24, 2014

liquid evolution

At one moment this was my favorite, at the moment I first saw it lying there, drying or almost completely dry, just before I moved it in order to make another one, which I liked better then at the moment it almost dried.


Sometimes I think the biggest difference between men and women is that men need to seek out some terrible lurking thing in existence and hurl themselves upon it,  Women know where it lives but they can let it alone. -Russell Hoban


I like Russell Hoban.  I loved reading Pilgermann, The Mouse and His Child, and Ridley Walker, and now that I look, I see he has written many more I knew nothing about, and they have republished many I had heard of but could never find.  In fact I read everyone who I quote, all of them.


Not that I am bragging, nor is this some sort of literary journal...though I would like to do that Slickman A4 Quotation Event, that would be fun.  Of course many of these writers were also artists like Russell Hoban and Henry Miller.  And much of what they say seems to be pertinent to the act of painting...


An idea is an eye given by by God for the seeing of God.  Some of these eyes we cannot bear to look out of; we blind them as quickly as possible. -Hoban

4 comments:

  1. Is Russel Hoban also the author of Ridley Walker and some others? A great writer also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look like a special new kind of plaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie you are too sweet, and to insightful, they do look like a new special kind of plaid.

      Delete