Wednesday, July 9, 2014

father

I'm still working on the bigger ones, but then these sneak in there...and they drive me crazy.  First writing anything can always take forever, and writing about your father is never easy...


I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us.  We are formed by scraps of wisdom.  -Umberto eco


The father who would taste the essence of fatherhood must turn back from the plane of his experience, take with him the fruits of his journey and begin again beside his child, marching step by step over the same old road. -Angelo Patri


My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. -Jim Valvano


When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.  -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment