Friday, December 28, 2012

my name


I always have to practice writing my name on sheets of paper before I sign anything, because if I don’t I won’t spell it right, or I’ll barge ahead and use a name that isn’t mine.

And in fact I never use my first name, because I simply cannot spell it correctly. Of course I do know how to spell it …but when I go to spell it, it just comes out wrong.

And when somebody asks my name, I am embarrassed, and I have to think, What is the name my parents have always used for me, what is that word?

In fact, when I meet people, I often feel the first name is false, it seems like a disguise, a sort of Halloween name they have put on to fool me, or a false identity. Not always though. Some of the names are right, I know they are, that is the person, that is their name, just like that.

So if you or some friend of yours knows my first name, please tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment